Musicians living outside of The Netherlands

Musicians who are able to prove that they are a resident of one of the 82 treaty countries listed below will be exempted from Dutch artist tax. Because the Dutch goverment has treaties preventing people from paying double income tax with these countries a resident can be paid a gross wage.

In order to receive this gross wage you need to prove you’re a resident of one of the treaty countries by providing the us with a copy of your passport AND your address in the country of residence.

If you are not an artist from one of the countries listed below it might be possible your wage is subject to 20% withholding tax. Please contact us in this case.

Treaty countries

Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, China, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kirgizia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldavia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kingdom of the, Netherlands, (Aruba, Curacao, e.d.).

What do we need from you:

  • Your address
  • A copy (scan) of your passport